Is there a lot of crime in Mawson Lakes?

Question asked via Homely.com.au The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Ray White.
10 people following
this question
Report

5 Answers

MawsonLakesL 2yrs+
I am living in Mawson lakes from last 8 years and i hardly heard about or seen crime in Mawson lakes. I Always parked my cars off street or in my driveway , didn't have any safety shutter on my windows s, i am a v happy person.
2 votes
Report
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Ray White.
lakesr
lakesr Completely agree. A very safe community of over 13,000 residents, and if people actually took the time to look at the SAPOL (South Australian Police) statistics (before commenting), they would see how safe Mawson Lakes is!
Get in a car, drive to Mawson Lakes, and have some lunch and a coffee by the lake. You'll instantly see a thriving community, dozens of people out exercising, walking their dogs, walking with their families, and generally enjoying the beautiful parks and community.
Apr 08, 2018
Add a comment...
grimmy Jul 19, 2019
I have had a lot of experience in short/long term accommodation within Mawson Lakes and can definitely say that there are pockets of Mawson Lakes that are targeted by break-ins and home invasions more-so than other areas. The suburb as a whole has beautiful homes but criminals target (for whatever reason) certain areas with success.
0 votes
Report
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Ray White.
saras10 Feb 12, 2019
I live in Mawson Lakes 12 days only and today at the morning when I want to took my sons to school by car and my car off street parking when I open the door I saw my car navigation was stolen around 400 dollar 3 sun glasses about 800 dollars and many items and I felt sad
0 votes
Report
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Ray White.
North 2yrs+
That's not right. The only thing that is bad about Mawson Lakes is the internet. You will have to get the internet boxes for it to work (They are not expensive to buy) By the way, my friend lives in Mawson Lakes and says its the safest suburb he lived in. So it is safe. There are hardly any rentals or smashed cars and abandoned cars on Elder Smith Drive. Get your facts right, or check your text again.
0 votes
Report
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Ray White.
North
North Sorry. I was supposed to say Elder Smith Road.
2yrs+
wendy fiti
wendy fiti nice to know u can talk about thing
Apr 07, 2019
Add a comment...
GavinRogers 2yrs+
With lots of rentals there is lots of petty crime. The answer unfortunately is yes. Train station regularly has cars with smashed windows. Abandoned\ stolen cars along Elder Smith Dr, You are surrounded by Parafield Gardens and Pooraka.....this alone answers your question.
0 votes
Report
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual and not those of Ray White.
North
North There is no such thing as Elder Smith Drive.
2yrs+
lakesr
lakesr Been living here for several years, and travel widely throughout the suburb multiple times weekly. I have never seen anything like this, including within the area described. The question was, 'Is there a lot of crime in Mawson Lakes?' - the factual answer is no. There is very little crime in Mawson Lakes, and that fact can be established by visiting the publically available statistics for crime at the SAPOL website.

The 'lots of rentals = lots of petty crime' statement, apart from being offensive, is also incorrect, and on two separate accounts.
1. Statistically, rentals within Mawson Lakes account for around 30% of properties, and of the remaining 70%, about 55% percent are owner/occupiers with a mortgage, with the remaining approx 15% owner/occupiers with a fully paid off home. (The source for that is the ABS - Australian Bureau of Statistics). So in fact, rentals within Mawson Lakes are a clear minority.

2. The implication that people living within rental properties in Mawson Lakes are responsible for crime in Mawson Lakes is not just offensive, it is absurd, both in its generalisation and false stereotype. Statistics show (there's a raft of government and scholarly sources available online) that perpetrators of criminal activity are typically active in areas away from their home suburb.
Apr 08, 2018
Add a comment...

Your answer